Mazda 6 was launched by the Japan Corporation 15 years ago, namely in 2002. The true 3rd generation of Mazda 6 was introduced in 2012. Since then the Japanese car has become the best seller in Russia and the most popular Mazda model in the world. To prove this statement, we can say that the company had established six car assembly facilities in different countries. However, despite its popularity, the manufacturer has decided to approach the market with the new redesigned Mazda 6 in 2019.
New 2019 Mazda 6 Review:
The car won popularity thanks to the following benefits:
1. Spectacular design;
2. Several bodywork versions;
3. Dynamic indexes;
4. Multiple advanced integrated systems;
Therefore, when developing a new generation model the engineers and designers sought to preserve the existing benefits and to extend them. Fortunately, the launch is not far off, and soon the fans will be able to check out restyled Mazda 6.
Exterior Mazda 6
The new car will preserve the features of the older model, namely overall dimensions. However, the photos of 2019 Mazda 6 clearly demonstrate that the model will surely look more stylish. The frond body underwent minor changes. It still boasts of a long hood raised at the center, large radiator grille with fine mesh and chrome trimming, and rectangular headlights, blending in well with the exterior.
On the contrary, the body kit had got a new look. Restyled Mazda had got the additional air intake openings, with the largest one in the form of a slim line beneath the main grille, between the dipped lights.
The profile is very laconic. Only few things can catch the eye, namely wave-shaped body lines, large glasses in chrome plated frames separated by faux pillars, and sporty front skirt. All other details remain the same or got minor changes.
The same is with the rear body. The major changes involve rear lip spoiler, larger backlights, and, finally, twin exhaust.
Interior Mazda 6
2019 Mazda 6 interior has undergone minimum changes as the present internal space seems to be the best in its class. The designers did their best to preserve the following core benefits:
• good ergonomics that ensure comfortable driving;
• multifunctional media center with a large touchscreen that contains the major part of controls;
• special design of front seats fitted with a large number of options and enhanced lateral support, allowing to run on the long distances at a high speed;
• a comfortable rear bench with three seats and plenty of space created thanks to the enlarged wheelbase;
• unique sound insulation system, which can be a problem for a sporty car with a powerful engine;
• enhanced thickness of the front glass;
• high-quality upholstery and trimming, matching the models’ status.
The new features of Mazda 6 include a large full-color screen above the dashboard that is used to display technical and other driver-related info, and a climate control system for rear passengers.
Technical characteristics and systems Mazda 6 (Specs)
New Mazda 6 will be available with two types of gasoline engines with the following characteristics:
1. Straight-4 2.2l with 215 hp
2. V-6 3.0l with 250 hp.
The engines can be accompanied with either ATM 6-speed or MTM 6-speed transmission.
The biggest advantage of the Japanese cars is that they are fitted with plenty of auxiliary systems and equipment. The new model is no exception as is possesses pre-installed:
• G-Vectoring control (GVC) system for convenient driving;
• Keyless-Entry-and-Go system;
• Multifunctional steering wheel;
• Rain and light sensors, and parktronic;
• Rearview camera with the dynamic parameters;
• Smart brake system;
• LED head, fog and daytime driving light;
• Adaptive lighting system;
• 11-speaker audio system.
The full list of systems and options will be unveiled right before the mass production of 2019 Mazda 6.
Price: Starting at 25.700$ . Max $34,750.
THE GOOD: The new turbocharged engine only enhances this already great-handling sedan.
THE BAD: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are not available from the factory until the end of this year.
THE BOTTOM LINE: The Mazda6 remains the enthusiasts’ choice in the midsize sedan segment.
Ford Mondeo, Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Volkswagen Passat.